Responsive Website vs Mobile App: Which One is the Best for Your Business?
When starting your own business, it is very important to decide what kind of a medium you would like to use in order to reach your audience and target market. And often it is a difficult decision. Of course, you want to reach as many people you possible can. But you might not know which the best way is. Deciding between a responsive website and a native app is all about whether your potential customers will access your business through a desktop could or use their smartphones instead.
It is important to have both! For people to be able to reach you at any time of the day or night, it is important that you are considering employing both so that they can access your business whenever they want.
- In order to decide what it is that you should go for, you first need to identify your target and potential audience. Understand who would access your products? What would be the easiest way for them to reach you and how would you reach them? Answer these and such other questions to conclude if a web based platform would be more suitable for you or would a mobile application better suit your and your customers’ needs.
- Use different mobile platforms to experiment your idea. Mobiles use 2 types of systems, an iOS and an Android. Mobile app development can be expensive especially when 2 separate tools are needed for the 2 different systems. So when you are unsure about the mobile platform you want to create first, you can always use a responsive website.
- A website makes more sense for information broadcasting, which educates the customers about the brand and what it has to offer. A responsive website helps kill two birds with the same stone. You get the attention of the desktop surfer as well as those who are browsing or researching about a similar product.
- While you construct a responsive website, which is the natural choice to inform your target audience about your product and business, you can further engage your prospective and existing customers through a mobile app.
- Creating an application is a quick way to enhance the value of your brand. They are fun to use, often attract customers because tasks can be performed more quickly from wherever a person wants.
To be honest, the debate between whether to make a responsive website or a mobile application is pretty pointless. In this age and time, in order to attract mass audience you need both the platforms to get your product across. Some people find it easier to use apps while others just think it’s best to use a website to browse through brands and products. Let’s just say that the two complement each other. The shortcomings of one are most certainly fulfilled by the other.
What do you think? Do you agree with us? Comment down below and let us know. Until next time!